Day 5 of the Lose A Pumpkin Challenge!
Tonight I will be leaving for Lake Damariscotta Maine for their Annual Pumpkin Fest. When I signed up for the #LoseAPumpkin challenge, I was not imagining losing them as they fly through the air via catapult! According to my brother, my life will be 38.9% better for having attended this event. Hence, I will go, I will see, however, I WILL NOT conquer the Pumpkin Pie Eating Contest. I am trying to DROP a Pumpkin not gain one.
What Does This Have to Do With Anything?
Absolutely nothing at all. I just wish to honor ALL THINGS PUMPKIN this month to celebrate the challenge I have accepted. To date, I am down about a small gourd. Oddly, I am not discouraged. It is entirely my own lack of commitment and time management that is stalling my progress.
Accepting the challenge has forced me to rethink just about everything concerning my daily rituals. I purchased a cute pumpkin designed notebook to start documenting my daily activities.
Almost immediately, I am able to see some HORRIFYING habits! (See how I did that being Halloween Season and all?)
- NO MORE eating after 9:00 PM in the evening.
- MORNING WALKS are no longer optional.
- ACIDIC foods are not good for me.
- Soy, Dairy, Gluten and Sugar NEED TO GO.
- RITUALS are necessary.
These are all good things!
I Have Wasted Enough of Your Time and I am Sorry
As I prepare to head North for the almighty and magnificent Pumpkin Festival, I do so with a heart full of hope! This trip will be the first day of the rest of my new happier and healthier life!
You see, that notebook revealed a lot about myself. I saw some patterns that need to be redesigned. My relationships with my family members that once were SQUASHED (yep, staying with the whole autumn theme here) will be reborn. My children will enjoy quality time with their cousins while creating worthwhile memories. I will take the opportunity to disengage from the digital world and reconnect with nature.
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Brownies
Check out this AMAZING recipe courtesy of Clean Food Crush
- 1 1/2 cup all natural pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup smooth Justins peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups dark chocolate, melted
- 1 cup canned, coconut milk
- Preheat the oven the 350 degrees and line a 6 x 6 brownie tray with parchment paper and grease lightly with coconut spray.
- Add the pumpkin puree, peanut butter, cocoa powder and dates to a high speed blender or food processor. Pulse just until a thick batter is formed.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out just clean from the center.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix the melted chocolate with coconut milk. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the brownie and level it with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 hours (or overnight), then cut into 6 – 8 brownies.
Today, I close the door to the past.
Open the door to the future.
Take a deep breathe.
Start on through.
Start a NEW journey in my life!
Don’t be scared!
Join me with the #LoseAPumpkin challenge today! CALL 617.606.1448 NOW while we still have supplies for our October incentives.